September 20, 2012

Summer's Last Rummaging Finds

Morning finds..... some real beauties!
 Autumn is two days away, and this morning the weather was positively perfect for a nice morning of rummaging. Sporting my comfy Coach tennies and cozy Burberry cashmere scarf bunched around my neck, I was ready to enjoy the crisp morning air. I realize this is not the best choice of attire when rummaging as I can't get the sympathy "pathetic look" discount, but too bad - I like to look stylish and put together when I'm out and about. Who cares if I don't get the $2 off I otherwise would if I were to appear in sweats and a tee? There is something called pride in life.....

This morning featured a multi-family sale at 5 houses... all within walking distance of each other which was nice. I arrived a shade after 9 and the streets were lined with cars. How, you ask, since the sales were advertised to begin at 9? Answer: early birds! I found a parking spot, hopped out of my car and started in, still having hope that not all the fab finds would have been already snapped up... I may not have been a true early bird but I picked up beautiful things.... some pretty romantic and shabby chic finds: two Cabin Crafts chenille bedspreads, an antique silk pouch, some icy-blue glitter mini Christmas trees, marble and quartz hardstone eggs, a great vintage wire bicycle basket... 
 
Enjoy the pics.

Orange and coral-toned morning glory printed vintage tablecloth
and turquoise coffee tin showing people picking the beans. Neat!
Antique silk pouch with metallic boullion snaps opens to reveal a
pretty pink quilted silk lining
Pair of Cabin Crafts 1950s chenille bedspreads with flowers and pretty blue bows

Amazing old handmade, handcarved box with foliate ornamentation
and Asian hardware
Ice blue glittery Christmas trees tucked into a
handmade white porcelain planter
Whose move? Marble and hardstone eggs battle
the Christmas trees. Who will win this holiday game?


 
 
 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; share your voice with me. Thanks for visiting BellaTarra Vintage!